Angels in Clarksdale

Often, the universe matches us with angels to help inspire us, to shed light on our own darkness, and to be a sign -- asign that with love and with forgiveness, most things can be accomplished. I was blessed to have met Margaret and Robert Brown. Mrs. Brown started to tell us her experience living in Clarksdale Mississippi. From the small home shotgun home that fit her mom and siblings, from living with a rat infestation, from living in the same house her sister was murdered in. How could she be so strong? She went on to tell us that the murderer got EIGHT years for manslaughter, and is now free from jail. But after everything, she still forgives him, she is the only person in her family that forgives him. I wouldn’t be allowed 100 feet of a person that I know killed someone in my family, but  Mrs.Brown has accepted him, and loved him through the midst of it all. This whole trip has been a very humbling, emotional, and motivational thing for me. Meeting Margaret and Robert Brown made me realize that true strength comes from being able to forgive but not forget.

Comments